As we say a very difficult good-bye to our long-serving partner and friend, Steven Baker, who is leaving private practice to join a CPA firm as its Estate & Gift Tax Director, partner Lauren Fitte will join in the firm’s name. Accordingly, Giordani Baker Grossman & Ripp LLP (“GBGR”) will move forward effective September 1, 2023 as Giordani Fitte Grossman & Ripp LLP (“GFGR”). The practice areas and services of GFGR remain identical to those of GBGR. We eagerly look forward to continuing our representation of our national and international clientele, by offering a broad but focused suite of private client services with a foundation in tax and estate planning. For more information, please see our formal announcement here.
We are happy to announce that Leslie Giordani, Cindy Grossman and Michael Ripp have been selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2022. Texas Super Lawyers magazine recognizes the top 5% of lawyers in the state. An imprint of Thomson Reuters, Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Megan Miller Inouye joins GBGR as our new Associate Attorney. Megan’s practice focuses on the federal income, estate, and gift tax implications for clients utilizing complex estate planning, trust, and business strategies across multiple jurisdictions.
Help us celebrate Lauren Fitte’s achievement marked by her receipt of a Texas Board of Legal Specialization Certification: 2021 Estate Planning and Probate Law.
GBGR partner Lauren Fitte shared her post-graduation experience in an alumni interview for The Wild Grain. We are thrilled to see Lauren featured and to share this interview with the GBGR community.
Alumni Interview: Attorney Lauren Fitte Shares Her Legal Experience
GBGR has moved! We are pleased to announce that our office has relocated from downtown Austin to 2301 S. Capital of Texas Highway, Building K, Austin, Texas 78746.
- Bob Chesner has been promoted from Director to Senior Director. He leads and oversees all the operational, administrative, and financial functions of the firm.
- Bruce Kentros has been promoted from Coordinator to Senior Coordinator. His expertise is not only in the field of traditional investments but also in the area of hedge funds, funds of funds, leveraged funds, private equity funds, and venture investments. Bruce coordinates the firm’s professional relationships in the areas of international estate and asset protection planning. These professional relationships are with trust companies in more than a dozen non-U.S. jurisdictions, foreign banks, investment managers, and other professionals such as accountants and trust protectors. Bruce is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
- Carol Kohler is now our Corporate Matters Coordinator. Her work includes interfacing with domestic and foreign governmental registrars and taxing authorities, as well as the firm’s financial and investment service providers. She also assists with the development, maintenance and oversight of materials, systems and processes to facilitate the understanding and administration of complex legal structures by clients and their other advisors. Carol also supports the administration of one of the firm’s largest family offices.
- Shannon Clifton is moving into an Executive Assistant role supporting Leslie Giordani, Bob Chesner, and Amy Quiñones, and assists Bruce Kentros with the firm’s family office support practice. She is also in charge of the firm’s website.
- David Giordani will be taking over the fulltime role of our Firm Administrator. As firm administrator, David oversees all things pertaining to personnel, logistics, billing and bookkeeping, and financial planning with the help of the administrative team and the Chief Operating Officer.
Please help us welcome the newest member of the GBGR family! Cedrick was born July 24th, weighing in at 6 lbs. 6 oz. We are overjoyed for her mom, accounting administrator Alyssa Gault, who says she and precious Cedrick are both happy and healthy. Welcome to the family!
Christina Pedersen joins GBGR as a Senior Tax Matters Coordinator. Christina primarily focuses on domestic and international tax compliance and planning for individuals, entities, and trusts.
Welcome Stephanie Cook as our receptionist. As the firm receptionist, Stephanie serves as the primary point of contact for clients and other visitors. She also provides general administrative support to all the firm’s work groups and is engaged in special projects on an as-needed basis.